Applying to GSV:
We emphasize a personal approach in our application process. As demonstrated in our application, we want to look beyond your professional resume and learn more about you as a person. Our goal is to find the best match between your unique gifts and our placement needs.
- Our application process is typically as follows:
- GSV Staff and Admissions Committee receive and review the application.
- GSV conducts a skype interview with the applicant. We may also invite you to speak with former volunteers at your site placement of interest.
- Once a site has been mutually agreed upon, the applicant interviews with the staff of the site placement.
- If the applicant and the site agree that the placement and program is a good fit, the applicant is accepted to GSV!
For applicants to the GSV International Program, it may be determined through the course of the International admissions process that the candidate might be a better fit for the GSV Domestic Program. If this is the case, GSV staff will notify the applicant and invite them to consider our domestic site placements. The applicant would not have to fill out a Domestic Application if they have already filled out an International Application.
Who Can Apply?
Good Shepherd Volunteers welcomes applications from anyone at least 21 years of age and who has a Bachelor’s degree. We welcome applicants from outside the US who are able to secure their own Visa.
Applications for the 2019-2020 year will be accepted through the spring of 2019, with priority given to applicants who submit their completed applications by the priority deadline. We encourage you to apply as early as possible! This increases the likelihood of you being placed at a service site that best matches your preferences.
Applications are processed on a rolling basis
Priority Deadline: February 1 st
Length of Service
- Service terms are for a 1-year commitment, beginning in August
- All volunteers are welcome to renew for a 2nd year or are encouraged to consider applying to the GSV International Program
- 1 year commitment, beginning in August
- Volunteers are encouraged to stay at their placement for a 2nd year